Squash Mechanics are taking the extra steps to ensure we keep everyone safe in this time of panic.
We are closely monitoring the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and following the advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health (AGDH). In addition, we are working very closely with our facilities, governing bodies and other club operators throughout Australia.
As a patron of our Squash club/gym, we want you to know that we are taking every precaution with regard to covid-19 (coronavirus). Given all of the recent news and growing concerns about the global pandemic, we wanted to share with you the practices and procedures that we are implementing to keep our studios safe and clean!
You can find out about the actions we are taking to keep our members safe, how we are responding to COVID-19 and how our members can keep themselves and others safe in the following FAQs:
In line with AGDH guidance, our facilities have increased the level of cleaning and hygiene in our locations, including
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitisation, especially high touch areas such as pin pads, door handles, lockers, equipment, etc.
- Ensuring soap dispensers and hand sanitisers remain filled.
- Educating and reminding members and colleagues of the importance of good hygiene.
Professor Brendan Murphy is the Chief Medical Officer for the Australian Government and is the principal medical adviser to the Minister and the Department of Health. He has reinforced that it is still safe for people to go to the gym/sporting facilities and stay active. Click “HERE” to read more.
If we are notified of any issue in our facilities, or if another member contracts the virus, we will notify you immediately and undertake a full deep clean of the clubs.
For the latest information, please refer to the FAQs on this page.
- Frequent hand washing (wash your hands for 20 seconds) and hand sanitising during your visits
- Making full use of the soap, sanitisers and cleaning items available
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of the tissue in the bin after use
- Familiarise yourself with the latest guidance from AGDH and do not visit the clubs if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and are advised to self-isolate
- Follow Government guidance if you are a returning traveler
We are monitoring the situation closely in all our facilities and hygiene is the number one priority for our Team.
If you need personal health advice specifically in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19), you should call the 1800 020 080 service or your GP. Please do not attend your GP or emergency department without phoning in advance.
CURRENTLY, THERE ARE NO CASES REPORTED WITHIN OUR CLUB
ARE OUR FACILITIES OPERATING AS NORMAL?
Yes, our clubs are operating as normal. All members, colleagues and coaches within the clubs have been informed.
Our clubs have significantly increased the level of cleaning and hygiene in their facilities to ensure they remain safe to train in. We do understand that members are concerned about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) so please follow the instructions within the facilities on how to keep yourself and others safe.
We are all committed to providing our members with a safe and hygienic space to play squash and we are taking the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) extremely seriously. Our staff have been extensively briefed on what actions they need to take, as per Government guidance, to reduce the risk of the virus spreading and we continue to educate and remind our members and colleagues of the importance of good hygiene in the clubs.